The small town of Prescott is located on the Oregon side of the Columbia River in Columbia County. A small lumber mill was originally built here in 1883. The mill workers lived in what used to be known as "Danby Landing." The area became known as "Prescott" around 1907 when Edward L. Prescott built a large saw mill. The Astoria and Columbia Railroad built a train station here to better serve the Beaver Lumber Company operating in conjunction with the mill, which was located in the area now called Prescott Beach. There are currently about 50 residents living in Prescott, Oregon.
Prescott Beach is about a mile long and stretches between River Miles 71 and 72, immediately downstream from Trojan Park and the former Trojan Nuclear Facility near Goble . Fifteen miles upstream is the community of St. Helens and six miles downstream lies the community of Rainier. Across the Columbia on the Washington side are located Carrolls and Carrolls Bluff, Cottonwood Island, and the mouth of the Kalama River.
72742 Blakely Street, Prescott, Oregon 97048